Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Gymnasium with Team 9Lives

Today... was.. epic..
But .. it was also a killer!! SERIOUSLY!! WHAT IS THIS!? after stretching and warm up.. we broke into groups of 6, and there was about 4-5 groups. I just joined with the lil guys from yesterday.. and holy.. we rolled on the floor.. did stuff... jumped alot.. climbed rope.. chin ups (20) which I only reached like.. 5? and Ali (instructor) help me get above the bar, but I had to let myself down slower.. big killer.. and I was still in pain from yesterday..  then.. we all went to the floor.. and.. OMG.. 10 sit ups.. roll right, 10 pushups, roll left and repeat til 1 (as in 10, 10, 9, 9, 8, 8,.... etc) then we did soooo many other workouts that i literally hardly moved..   ahahs then Ali comes up to me and he says "Come on Sophia! It's only the beginning" so I was like.. "what!?" I didnt know it went for 4 HOURS. I thought 2.. and it was only 30 minutes in the practice/training.. -sigh-

Soo... we started practicing running and jumping (the basics of tricks) then.. went into hand stand.. walking with hand stand (i skipped both that part since i couldn't do it) then rolly polly.. rolly polly +hand stand (I kinda did it with Ali's help) then cart wheel.. and more stuff to that. I was incredibly dizzy and felt like vomiting after each one.. then we went on to.. front flips.. and since i was beginner.. we went to this pit place and I failed miserably.. until the very end i perfected the runup, jump and turn in mid air.. but i cant land on my feet.. i landed on my arse AHAHA :) one time my elbow knocked my cheek bone.. ouch yea..

umm we went on to running and jumping over those big blocks of stuff and I couldn't do it so Ali had to take me away to a corner to fix what I was doing wrong.. and i found out I kept instinctively tucking my head in which made me fall to the side 'O.o so I was able to do that too.. but I needed more power on my jump to get me to the otherside. Met new friends too.. alot of new friends :) ahahas this is pretty good for boosting up my confidence and self esteem :) since there was like.. only 4 other girls there.. and the rest male dominated it.

Ummm I already practice running, jump, grab the bar and over the obstacle which was fun, but i twisted my wrist there.. no problem! I was back there after a few mins =) then i went to practice precision.. which was jumping basically, with both feet as far as i could.. i tried it on this block but that was major mistake.. twisted my ankle twice but it was alright i guess. Pain went away after a few minutes. So I went to practice that on the floor, trying to reach one tap marker after the next. Then pack equipment away.. stretching and yea. That was $25 for 4 hours. -sigh- and .. now with yesterdays pain and today's added pain.. I don't know if I can survive tomorrow.. 2 hours of parkour. like.. you know climbing walls and jumping over stuff and railings and balance etc. today in the gym was to practice flips to ADD to freerunning.. like.. running, jumping off a railing and doing a front flip and landing with a rolly polly etc.. yea..

No comments:

Post a Comment