Friday, January 14, 2011

...

My mum's friend... came up to me and told me her son died not long ago, due to bone cancer. I had no idea what to say.. I just stood there... looking at his photo.. and he seemed so.. alive..

He was born on the year 1992.. only 1 year older than me. If he was alive now, he would've graduated from high school. Seeing his mum, I know if I had the chance to met him, we would've got along fine..

I've realised in the past days, his mum kept on complimenting me.. like "Today you looked very pretty!" "Where are you going?" "Have you eaten?" etc.. after what she's told me about her son.. I guess.. ... I don't know how to explain it.. but yea. I'm hoping you'd understand what I'm trying to say :)

and yeah.. I just stood there.. staring at his school picture while she told me.. and when I looked at her.. her body language seemed like she was fine.. but ... her facial expression.. it's like.. I can't even describe it.. the pain she's going through.. loosing her son.. I think she understood that I couldn't say anything.. so she just smiled.. took his pictures and went back to do her job..

Everyday someone dies, and only a handful would know about it. Those handful would grieve, and the rest of the world would continue. But all in all, every single person would come across the feeling of.. this sadness. Of loosing someone they know, someone they love, someone they cherish. Whether we show it or not, we all feel the same. One day or another.. deep down.. its that same feeling.. of loosing someone. I don't even know him at all.. yet.. looking at his picture... and at his mum.. my chest feels like its being weighed down.. and I can't even imagine what his parents are going through.. just like I can't imagine when someone I cherish.. looses someone they love..

I'm just sitting here.. as time flies by.. staring at the screen.. I think it's nearly been an hour.. since I've started this post. And I apologise..for bringing back anyone's memory of the past..

No comments:

Post a Comment