Wednesday, December 15, 2010

English Tutor

It was great! Although unexpected.. I didn't know it was today.. and Julie called me saying she's at the front of the door.. I was wearing a singlet.. and a pj pants.. completed unmatched.. no bra.. ROFLS and there was no time because it was hot outside.. so I rushed to the door, opened it up, welcomed her in, pointed the way to the table, and zoomed into my room to put on my bra =D

It was akward start.. but we got comfortable really fast.. I haven't seen her for about 2 years so yea :) We went through the syllabus, and I already told her I was slow and everything, so she took it at a perfect pace for me =) Then we worked on belonging contexts, so further improve my understanding in belonging, since it's such a big open AOS. After that, looked for different words that can be used instead of belonging, and of not belonging, and about those different contexts.. she made me find what context each poem fitted into ahaas. I kept saying 'i dunno' but she just kept quite waiting.. so in the end I did it anyway.. which i guess is a good thing for me. By then it was already a bit past an hour, so we took a break, and she went to check out my room o.O' and we talked about my future career.. how it's not possible because I'm allergic to animals.. so she suggested I take on a creative path.. since she said I have skills on music and drawing.. guess she saw my creative side.. it was all over my wall plus.. the amount of adventure/fantasy novels I had ahahaas.

So.. after she had her banana, we went back to work. This time we took out the poem Feliks Skrzynecki, and read through it, then annotated it. Thing is, I suck at annotating, so doing this was actually very helpful. Usually when it came to annotating, I just copy of people or write what teachers say, and I don't really get it? Julie however, she read each line and made me find the technique for each of it.. which surprising went.. pretty well.. but I just didn't understand the full depth of the quote. So she took out some papers she made for me, and some tables so I can start on it. I read her example.. and SHIT it was too good! So.. my main problem here.. was understanding it, and then writing it down on paper.. so.. once I understood that... I couldn't write it down still.. so she spent.. a LONG time re-explaining to me ... and then she went bathroom and left me alone for a while.. and i was just sitting there thinking.. and all these random stuff that MIGHT relate to the quote.. so I just wrote it down.. and she came back and check it.. and she said: "Hey! That is good! What are you talking about? When you said you were bad.. I thought you meant .. bad bad.. but this is good! That's exactly right! You explained it clearly and related it back the the quote and overall context. Just keep this up and you'll do fine!" ahhh... I was happy when I heard that.. but it was nothing compared to hers :) and yea.. that was the first day. Seemed little aye? took 3 hours and 30 mins.. and it was suppose to be 2 hrs like normal tutor 'o.O Well next lesson I shall have to start paying her. XD

Looking forward to Sat!! But I have homework now :(

No comments:

Post a Comment