Thursday, December 9, 2010

Another Song

Working on a new song.. well I DID have one, but then I made another.. total-ing 3? but I don't like the second one rofls.

This new one is.. difficult I guess. It has 3 components. A bass/base (aka left hand part of song), melody and riff.
Well obvious it's impossible for me to play it all at once, more like a duo. So in this case, having only 2 hands, 8 fingers and 2 thumbs, my only option is to record the bass/base and the riff. So I have to record + play ALL of the bass/base first, then play the first track whilst recording and playing the riff... get it? THEN I can play both those tracks, and play the actual melody on the spot.. is that too confusing? My digital piano can only record 2 tracks so yea.. if you don't understand.. maybe this might help..

Record Track 1 (Bass/base)
Play Track 1 + Record Track 2 (Riff)
Play Track 1 + Track 2 -> Play melody

If I still had my keyboard, I would've added some beats to it, as well as other instruments.. but I don't so I guess it's a piano cover =D

No comments:

Post a Comment