Monday, February 21, 2011

Quadsuit

Here it goes again :P

I've been yet again, inspired by certain people on their quadsuits.. it's just bloody amazing!! And because of that, I'm so pumped up I'm gonna try to make my own. I've estimated that it will take me about 5-8 months to finish it, or probably a year.

What is a quadsuit you may wonder. Know those fursuits? like the Easter Bunny one. Well those are fursuits, where you put on the big face mask and stand upright. Quadsuits on the other hand, requires you to be on all fours, with the headpiece attached to a helmet which of course goes to your head.

Now, they are really expensive.. a full fursuit one can cost up to $1000.. as a mascot.

Usually work in progress ones sell up to $200, with only the foam and exoskeleton. I've estimated.. that I'll be spending well over $300 on this, but hey I'm pretty sure its worth it XD I know I may sound immature and weird, but I love acting as animals.. even my little brother sits on my back and I become his "horse" for the time being (Damn he's getting heavier.. don't think I can keep that up) And I'm pretty good at running on all fours - For the few [about 3 people] that have seen me.. you know what I mean ;) -

OKAY soo I'll only upload this one image, and about in a years time or so i'll upload the finish product roflss. Along with the images and videos I would have taken along the way.

Colour? White and Orange. Animal? Tiger. I don't think it will turn out so good though. I have no experience what so ever, so I've decided to do this to improve my creative skills and imagination. Also to move me away from anime and games =)

Here's the plan. Don't worry about the shading, that's just my foam planning... XD

Dang.. I've just set my goals too high here


4 comments:

  1. You know what, I've the same mindset as you right now. My parents think I'm crazy and my friends think the same. But I've always also loved acting like an animal and can run well on all fours as you said. Haha. I wanted to ask though, what were you planning on using for your head? What materials were you going to craft it with. I bought a load of Foam Sheets, almost like cardboard but more for crafts. Just curious to see what other people are using on theirs. :)

    ~Avi

    ReplyDelete
  2. :O Ahahah sorry this blog died xD Left it a while, but I'm starting it now. However, instead of a tiger I'm making a pokemon xD Have you made yours? The foam I'm using is upholstery foam :) The head, I'm planning to attach it onto a helmet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha, no problem, I figured it was dead and would check back later, then I forgot. x3 How's it going so far? And yeah? Which pokemon? I did make mine, but halfway through, I looked at the time alotted and how much I had gotten done and made it a... 3/4th regular fursuit instaed of a quad. I had the stilts made and all of that, but the head wasn't fitting right and the helmet was too large for my head. The helmet idea does work though, if you have the correct helmet. XD I also ran out of fur and JoAnn's didn't have it anymore. So I made bottom digigrade legs, tail, head, and paws and left it at that with a sweatshirt. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey where do you get the foam??? E mail me plzzz!!!!!!!!!
    ( kagome24melol@hotmail.ca )

    ReplyDelete