Sunday, February 20, 2011

Improvise?

I must be out of my mind. Last Thursday I went and bought mince beef... and mushrooms. And I've forgotten about them. Today I remembered, and now I'm thinking.. why did I buy that for? I have no idea what to do with them.. and tomorrow is it's due date.. so I decided to improvise and.. make SOMETHING out of it. Not sure what I'm making.. but if I end up with a bad stomach and toilet problems.. I'd know why XD

And so I washed the mushrooms.. chopped it up, took out the mince meat, mixed it with oil, sugar, salt and pepper.. I just added random amounts. Still don't know what I'm doing :) And lastly.. I found coriander in the fridge so I chopped them up too, and some onions, which I chopped up till there were about 1x1mm in size =D In the cupboard I found some umm.. what are they called.. ahh those soft tortillas or something.

I guess.. what ever the meat turns out to be.. i might be able to eat them with those tortillas.. maybe I should make some rice too.. -shrugs- I seriously hope I don't food poison myself :P

Edit 1 [Cooking] : So I managed to cook them all.. and I actually forgot to put the onion in first.. so I just chucked them in somewhere halfway through :) To my surprise.. it actually smells kinda nice! But.. we say looks can be deceiving.. I'm gonna say "smells can be deceiving.." I've placed a lid on the pan so that the flavor can umm be absorbed? Iunno.. I shall check it again in a few minutes. There seems to be quite a lot of liquid in there. Might put it on simmer till it condenses..

Edit 2 [Tasting] : .. omgsh... It actually tastes quite nice! I was too afraid to try it first.. So I scooped a bit into those small sauce dish, and gave it to my mum. She she tried it.. and she was quiet for too long so I got really nervous XD Then she told me it was pretty good. Ahhh so glad.. went back to the kitchen and tried it for myself, and to my surprise I liked it :) It wasn't awesome or anything, but it's pretty decent and edible. Time to fry up the tortillas!!

Edit 3 [Final] : Mmmm... I like ;) Here's the pictures. Everyone else ate it with prawn crackers =)







No comments:

Post a Comment