Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Workplacement in ruins

That's right, my hospitality course is in jeopardy lol.
My parents won't allow me to go back to De Niro's Restaurant, because of yesterday. What happened yesterday? Nothing really lol
I came in at 10:30 instead of 10, because they place was all dark and my dad didn't allow me to go in until he see's some people and lights. SO, I came in, got changed, then got my first job. And that was to mop =/ After finishing that job, I was given another one, and that was to peel 10kgs of potato, which I did pretty quickly :) Then he assigned me to wash the lettuce.. and after that? There was nothing else to do. By then it was around 11:41am. So I took out my juice box and drank it. I just sat there staring at the place, looking around and playing with my phone ;) Around 12:30 I had another job, and that was to roll up dough, and cut it into small squarish pieces. After that, they told me to pick any meal for lunch I wanted.. and I picked wedges with sour cream and sweet chili sauce. And that was it. I ate my meal, asked to pay for it but they didn't allow me to.. and that was it. I sat there playing with my phone until 3pm and went home.
Equipment used: Peeler, knife (To cut the root off the lettuce) and some steel thingy that looked like a chisel :D
PROBLEMS: The information sheet says 10am-5:30, but it opens 10am-3pm for lunch, then 5:30-10pm for Dinner. The fact that I was the only girl there, with 2 males in an empty restaurant. Since the business is more active at night, there's not many customers in the morning. While I was there, their male friends went in and out for drinks =/ Also, instead or working for 7 and a half hours, I worked for 5 less. Manager tells me not to come on Sat (They dont open on tuesday, so info sheet says I go on sat, but Sat only opens at night time[5:30pm-10:30pm]) so.. instead of my original 30 hours, I'll be working for 20? AND, I'm not going back there. Due to parental concerns about this situation, I shall be going back to school tomorrow (Wednesday) I've called them up and told them I won't be in and thanked them for the opportunity. I've also contacted Mrs. Pedavoli about this, and so my course is in jeopardy. My only choice is to do workplacement next year, term 2.. and ALL of next year is vital.. and with me missing out one week.. =/ Oh and it's not finished yet rofls, but the rest shall be continued tomorrow with Mrs Pedavoli so yea..  -sigh- stressssssinnnnngggga

No comments:

Post a Comment