Sunday, August 1, 2010

Animal Shelters

I can't stress enough why you people should spay/desex your animals. For every dog or cat that dies every 5-10 seconds, there is always someone who is responsible for it. I know I've been responsible for more than 3 deaths, and I'm so ashamed, even when that happened when I was 14. Watch this video. You'll understand how difficult things are. I've cried watching this, and many more. Don't buy a dog, adapt one. Don't breed them. Spay them. Don't blame people for putting them to sleep, blame yourself. Blame yourself for not helping them. Blame yourself for not spaying or desexing them. Blame yourself for buying them off friends, or from pet shops. So many people has said this is cruel, inhumane. But what can we do? To be able to keep them for longer, they'd have to build a near-minimum of 40 shelters a year! Where does the money come from? Where's the point in that? People would just use that as an excuse to continue to breed, to drop their dogs of. No offence but this is especially asians. I've been through it. I've argued and had many fights with my dad, because he'd just drop off out pets he didn't like, and I would scream, cry, run after them, lock myself in, starve myself etc, but there's nothing I can do. For the first time, my dad has changed. Spaying our dog, literally preventing unwanted puppies. Yes they're cute. But are they cute enough, to turn away from those that were born to die? To turn away those that only have 6 days to live? Yes thats right. All cats and dogs that end up in shelters, all have 1 week to live. 2 maximum. Why? Because nearly 100 dog/cats are killed everyday in EACH SHELTER. Think about what you're doing! Spay/desex your pets if you care about the deaths or over 5 million animals EACH YEAR!!

No comments:

Post a Comment