Monday, August 9, 2010

ADF Education Gap Year

Yea.. I'm going to apply for this.

ADF = Australian Defence Force. I'm going to apply for the gap year in the army section. There's also the navy and airforce.

After this gap year, I may wish to either continue serving the army, or return back to my normal life (Continuing on to study) I'm deciding to continue serving the army, but as part time. Part time is available in many forms. I can choose to work 14 days a year, or 100 days a year, once a week or one weekend a month. It can be arranged to not interfere with uni/tafe or any other jobs, and it can be decided with the employer talking to the ADF people.

The problem with this gap year is that it's extremely popular. (Among guys more than girls lol) Because there's so many entries, the application must be filled online, and they'll be asking many questions to see if you're suitable or not. Entries start from January (don't know precise date) to 31st of March. This was this year's entries for 2011. I've called them up (I had a woman and I though she was those auto thingos, her wording, tone and everything was so perfect I didn't realise it until she asked for my name. I was thinking "why would an auto ask for my name?" So after I said my name she greeted me so yea. XD) and they said it should pretty much be the same date next year. So if I really want a position I should apply as early as I can.

I've talked this through with my parents, and they've accepted. The problem was for the part time (Which isn't always possible because some people are declined the position) and how to get there, because I think the ADF is located .. somewhere in Canberra? So.. yea imagine part time jobs, travelling all the way there =D

NOTE TO SELF: APPLY FOR ADF GAP YEAR ON THE 1ST OF JANUARY 2011!!!!!!!! MUST!!  Anyone else want to participate/apply with me? XD

More info: http://www.defencejobs.gov.au/education/Gapyear/

No comments:

Post a Comment